Key Do's & Don'ts
Please read the following tips; they can help save you time & money!
Performing a test prior to actual production can further minimize costly errors and help ensure the success of your project.
If you experience a problem with any of our products, please contact us at 1-800-307-7990 (U.S. toll-free) or 707-544-7990 for assistance.
• Match the substrate/release liner to the inks/print technology.
Given the wide range of printer and ink technologies on the market, please refer to the individual CLEAR FOCUS product page and/or spec sheet for detailed information on printer and ink compatibility. Handy references: Release Liners Data Sheet and Media Cheat Sheet.
• When creating artwork for perforated window graphics, avoid the use of dark colors over a large area. Just as you can see through the black side of the window perf, you'll see be able to see through any sizable dark areas of the print — the opposite effect than desired. [Details]
• Use a large enough type font: approx. 30 point or larger for films with a 70/30 or 65/35 perf pattern, and approx. 50 point or larger for films with a 60/40 or 50/50 perf pattern. [Details]
• Allow sufficient time for inks to dry and outgas before laminating or installing graphics. [Details]
• Use an optically clear overlaminate that’s compatible with perforated window-graphics film and suitable for the job and the surface (flat vs. curved) on which the graphics will be installed. [Details]
• For optimum one-way visibility, the lighting should be brighter on the graphics than on the black (unprinted) side. [Details]
• Use mild soap and water -- NEVER a solvent-based glass cleaner, such as Windex®, to wash the glass surface prior to installing the graphics. Use 85% isopropyl alcohol if desired; let it evaporate completely. [Details]
• Install graphics on a glass surface whose temperature is between approx. 40° F (5° C) and 90° F (32° C). [Details]